Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Nature does not need people. People need nature.


Pbune6cvo4fp9vlgbmhk

I've been around the world, but Colorado and the Rocky Mountains are my home. I'm an Army Brat, but when I graduated High School and moved out I considered myself 'retired.' I went into college seeking an English:Secondary Education degree. That changed once I realized I didn't want to go into education. I beef up my answer as to why by saying that education is a little messed up right now, and a lot of pressure is on teachers in Colorado; but really education is just too stable for me.

"I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love." -Leo Tolstoy
That's me.

I am in the midst of an undergraduate research project which is developing a program that will entice young adults to experience the natural world for themselves after learning the ways nature is good for them and will subconsciously develop more sustainable behavior once they care for the natural world. The whole process is more complicated than this of course, but the program and the idea will not even come alive if I do not build a strong portfolio and gain experience. 

So with your beautiful help, I will be able to begin building a writing and photography portfolio to jump-start my career! 

Click HERE to find my crowdfunding page! 

What's Needed?!
  • Camera
  • Backpacking gear: sleeping bag, tent/shelter, and kitchen supplies
  • Rock Climbing gear: rope and some quickdraws
What's the Plan Stan?!
  • Outdoor Education Certificate through Pikes Peak CC & Colorado Mtn College. I am taking classes beginning this summer!
  • Building experience on distance hikes by hiking the Colorado CDT (Continental Divide Trail) in August. 
  • Gaining Outdoor Rock Climbing experience- LOTS OF IT! 
  • BLOGGING ABOUT EVERYTHING! You will be able to follow me as I take classes and learn cool things, climb new rocks, hike new mountains, and beat the system! 
If I do not reach my goal, all money will still be used in buying gear. The money that doesn't go toward gear will go toward helping pay for my classes at Pikes Peak CC -as I am paying for college by myself and extremely wish to not use any more loan money.

No comments:

Post a Comment